The school benefits greatly from developing well planned, active parental and community links through participation by adults in the activities of the school on a voluntary basis.
Rusper Primary School believes that volunteers are a welcome resource for helping to raise children’s achievement by supporting the work of teaching staff in delivering the curriculum to all pupils. Volunteers bring with them a range of skills and experience which can enhance the learning opportunities of all children at Rusper Primary School without encroaching on the professional teaching responsibilities of the class teacher.
The types of activities in which volunteers may be engaged in could include any of the following:
- Hearing children read
- Working with small groups of children
- Working alongside individual children
- Undertaking art and craft activities with small groups of children
- Working with children on computers
- Preparing resources for a future lesson
- Accompanying school visits
- Escorting children on local walks
- Running or assisting with an after school club
- Social activities such as running a disco
- Fund raising activities such as running a cake stall or Summer Fayre
- Interviewing children on a governor visit.
If you are interested in volunteering to help at school please read our Volunteer Policy below:
Anyone wishing to volunteer will be asked to sign a disclaimer to evidence that they have read and understood the following documents: